Breath of Curacao Outback Safari
This tour visits the North West coast of Curacao where the wind forces the sea with such a force on the coast that you will find water spectacles such as the natural jaccuzi where one can bathe in a shallow naturally formed bathtub and get showered by a natural fountain and the Shete Boka Natural Park where the powerful breaking of the waves not only creates water spectacles such as Boka Pistol (the natural water canon) and Boka Tabla (a cave you should not miss when visiting Curacao) but also the typical thunder that locals call the Breath of Curacao henceforth the name of this tour.
This is a half-day tour of 4 hours. The pick-up and drop-off from your accommodation or cruise ship will happen before and after the tour respectively. We will adjust the times according to your cruise ship arrival and departure and send you the adjusted times after your booking.Click here to make an inquiry or booking for this tour!
US$ 65 per adult and US$ 55 for children under 12 years of age.
Type of tour:
Shared. This means that there may be other passengers on the tour. The stops have been carefully selected and adjusted over time to fulfill the needs and wants of the vast majority of guests. Please understand that not every single stop might be suiting you personally.
Highlights of this tour:
- Mini desert of Curacao;
- Suplado (natural jacuzzi);
- Boka Tabla (the cave with the waves thundering in);
- Boka Pistol (the natural water canon).
Included in tour price:
- Pick-up and drop-off service from most hotels in Willemstad and from the East side of the island, as well as from cruise ship terminals;
- Water and lemonade;
- Professional guide and driver;
- Open 4WD Toyota Landcruiser seating 8 passengers.
- Mini desert of Curacao: After pickup from your accommodation and a safety briefing, your adventure starts off at the wide-open desert planes where our guide will tell you about the volcanic and coral geological origins of the island with three distinct terraces running for miles along the north coastline of Curacao.
- Supladó: We then visit the natural jacuzzi where the sea-water and foam are sprayed through a chute into the air displaying colourful fountains and rainbows. One can stand in the shallow warm water surrounding the Supladó and watch the spectacular show from close by.
- Boka Tabla: We then head towards the Shete Boka National Park where we visit a cave halfly immersed in water with a narrow opening towards the sea, allowing powerful breaking waves to rush into the cave with a pounding and roaring resonance. This beautiful sight set in its natural theater is an unforgetable memory of Curacao.
- Boka Pistol: An inlet where the waves smash against the coral rock wall and explode into a furious fountain that sounds like a gun shot, hence the name. One can photograph the spectacle from a lookout point or stand facing the water with the risk of getting very wet.
- We do not control the weather or the winds. Even though the winds nearly always blow at Curacao there can be moments that there is no wind and therefore no fountains at Suplado or Boka Pistol.
- We may combine this tour with one of our full days tours. In that case, another vehicle will come to bring you back to your accommodation at the end of the tour.
- We recommend you wear sneakers/closed shoes or hiking shoes with a firm hold since grounds are uneven and the coral cliffs can be sharp. No flip-flops please!
- Please remember to bring sun protection. Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat or cap are recommended.
- Please note that we do not recommend this tour for guests with joint or back problems, pregnant women, or small children. We advise a minimum age of 6 years.
- Please leave all valuables such as credit cards, passports and expensive cameras in your room as we will be leaving the open vehicle unattended when we visit the often desolate and remote sites.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- If you cancel more than 5 days before the tour: full refund!
- If your ship does not dock: full refund minus 10% for unavoidable costs already incurred.
- No refund if you cancel between 5 days and the day of the tour.
- No refund for any person not showing up on the tour.