East and West Island Tour
This full day tour is a comfortable way to see a large part of our island. This tour is from 9am - 4pm with pick-up time between 8am and 9am depending on your accommodation. For cruise passengers we can adjust the times, as long as the ship docks before 10am.Click here to make an inquiry or booking for this tour!
Discounted rate (till June 30th): US$ 57 per adult and US$ 37 for children under 12 years of age.
Standard rate (from July 1st onwards): US$ 59 per adult and US$ 39 for children under 12 years of age.
Type of tour:
Shared. This means that there may be other passengers on the tour. The stops have been carefully selected and adjusted over time to fulfill the needs and wants of the vast majority of guests. Please understand that not every single stop might be suiting you personally.
Highlights of this tour:
- Jan Thiel area with Spanish waters;
- Punda and Otrabanda;
- Landhuis Chobolobo (Curacao Liquor Factory);
- Shete Boca National Park.
Included in tour price:
- Pick-up and drop-off service from most hotels in Willemstad and from the East side of the island, as well as from cruise ship terminals;
- Professional guide and driver;
- Air-conditioned vehicle.
Excluded from tour price:
- Lunch (a stop at a local restaurant will be made for lunch).
- The tour starts in Jan Thiel , where you have a magnificent view of the Caracasbaai. This is a popular mooring place for all kinds of boats. In the background is a typical view of Table Mountain. From the hills you can see the Spanish Waters , home to yachts, luxury homes along the banks and the start of many sail & boat races and water sports.
- Our tour includes a visit to the Caribbean Handicrafts Store. A unique souvenir shopping opportunity with another magnificent view over the Spanish Waters.
- The tour continues on to the Curacao Liqueur factory located in the restored land house Chobolobo. See how Blue Curacao was and is produced today. Taste and buy!
- After a short drive, we reach Punda which together with Otrabanda is the most renowned part of Willemstad. You will no doubt recognise Fort Amsterdam , the pontjesbrug, the coloured houses and the markets from photographs. This part of Willemstad has a very rich and interesting history and is on the UNESCO World Heritage list since 1997.
- Scharloo , a district with beautifully restored houses, dating from the 18th century lies on the same side of the water. The Jewish community in Curacao is the oldest in the Western Hemisphere. Prominent Jewish figures lived in Scharloo between 1850 and 1950. A change in the standard of living and the development of new green residential areas resulted in many luxury houses being abandoned and becoming derelict. Fortunately many have now been restored and are now home to different companies.
After Scharloo we cross to the opposite side of the island. This side is different in several respects, not only in direction from east to west, but also the difference between city and countryside which is clearly visible.
- Our first stop is Boka Tabla: a spectacular cave at sea level, in the Shete Boka National Park. The huge breaking waves rush into the narrow opening making an impressive pounding and roaring sound. Enter the cave and climb up to the plateau above to marvel at the miles of coastline. The waves breaking and crashing against the rocks are a gentle reminder of the power of the ocean.
- Lunch is at a cozy restaurant at Westpunt, serving local and international dishes.
- Then it is time for sun, sea and sand. Grote Knip, a beautiful white sandy beach is very popular with the locals during the weekend. There are several sunshades providing shade for those who are not tempted by the crystal clear blue waters inviting you to swim and snorkel for 30 minutes. Discover the variety of fish and corals while snorkelling and if you are really lucky, you may just see turtles.
- On our way back we will stop at the Jan Kok salt plains. These salt plains are the oldest on the island and were mined in the 17th century for salt. Flamingos populate the salt pans today.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- If you cancel more than 5 days before the tour: full refund!
- If your ship does not dock: full refund minus 10% for unavoidable costs already incurred.
- No refund if you cancel between 5 days and the day of the tour.
- No refund for any person not showing up on the tour.