Tugboat and Reef Snorkel Tour
Our Tugboat and Reef Snorkel Tour goes off the beaten track to scenic and extraordinary sites that you may not easily find on your way.
This is a half day tour from 9am - 1pm with pick-up time between 8am and 9am depending on your accommodation. Adjustments to your time can be considered.
US$ 67 per adult and US$ 57 for children under 12 years of age.
Highlights of this tour:
- Famous Tugboat wreck;
- Impressive drop-off coral formations;
- Fort Beekenburg.
Included in tour price:
- Pick-up and drop-off service from most hotels in Willemstad and from the East side of the island, as well as from cruise ship terminals;
- Water and lemonade;
- Snorkeling equipment including mask, snorkel, fins and floating device/life vest: please provide us with your shoe size when making your reservation;
- Professional guide and driver;
- Tour is operated in one of our open 4WD Toyota Landcruisers or by minivan.
- Snorkeling: We will start the tour with snorkeling at an impressive drop-off with beautiful coral formations where you can lie still in calm waters or let yourself fully wash in gentle warm waves. We will then continue to the shipwreck called Tugboat. The 30ft, still-complete wreck sits upright in 17ft of water. After three decades beneath the waves, the skeletal hull now is encrusted with corals. Accustomed to being fed you will find many tropical fish all amenable to being photographed. Due to shallow water and the easy conditions, the Tugboat is among the top 10 snorkeling and diving sites on the island!
- Fort Beekenburg: After drying off and rehydrating with water and lemonade you will head towards an historic site, built to protect Caracasbaai from pirates and enemy nations. The trail offers a good view of Barbara Beach across the expansive harbor of Spanish water.
- We recommend you wear your swimwear already underneath your clothes since there are no changing facilities at the first stop.
- Please remember to bring towels and sun protection. A hat or cap is recommended.
- Snorkeling experience is not required but participants should be able to swim.
- Please note that we do not recommend this tour for guests with joint or back problems, pregnant women, or small children. We advise a minimum age of 6 years.
- Please leave all valuables such as credit cards, passports and expensive cameras in your room as we will be leaving the open vehicle unattended when we visit the often desolate and remote sites.