Wonderful World of Water Jeep Tour
Curacao's people, nature, history and land has been formed by water, both by the sea and the availability of sweet water. The crystal blue sea of Curacao is not only home to colorful fish and wonderful coral formations, but on the North side of Curacao the wind forces the sea on the land with great force and by doing so it creates some spectacular water shows from natural blowholes and fountains.
This is a full-day tour of 7 hours. The pick-up and drop-off from your accommodation or cruise ship will happen before and after the tour respectively. We will adjust the times according to your cruise ship arrival and departure and send you the adjusted times after your booking.Click here to make an inquiry or booking for this tour!
US$ 105 per adult and US$ 85 for children under 12 years of age.
Highlights of this tour:
- Mini desert of Curacao where oddly enough most natural sweet water on Curacao is found
- Water spectacles on the North-West coast of Curacao;
- Green South-West coast of Curacao where most of Curacao's natural beaches are;
- Underwater world of Curacao, discovered by a snorkel stop at a local beach.
Included in tour price:
- Pick-up and drop-off service from most hotels in Willemstad and from the East side of the island, as well as from cruise ship terminals;
- Water and lemonade;
- Picnic lunch;
- Snorkeling equipment including mask, snorkel, fins and floating device/life vest: please provide us with your shoe size when making your reservation;
- Professional guide and driver;
- Open 4WD Toyota Landcruiser seating 8 passengers.
- Mini desert of Curacao: After pickup from your accommodation and a safety briefing, your adventure starts off at the wide-open desert planes where our guide will tell you about the volcanic and coral geological origins of the island with three distinct terraces running for miles along the north coastline of Curacao.
- Natural blowholes: We will then take you to several isolated bays where big breakers crash into the coral cliffs creating natural blowholes where the sea water and foam are sprayed through a chute into the air displaying colorful fountains and rainbows. If the waves are strong enough you can stand close and let the water sprinkles refresh you. Also exotic birds like herons, frigatebirds and caracaras can be spotted here;
- Boka Tabla: We will enjoy lunch in the Shete Boka National Park with its rugged and rocky formations where, if the sea allows us, we will visit Boka Tabla. This is where the sea and wind have worked together to create a cave in which the waves come crushing in, often giving a splendid show but sometimes flooding the cave completely. Here we will also enjoy a simple but tasty picnic lunch;
- South-West coast: After Shete Boka National Park we will leave the North-West coast and cross over to the South-West coast of Curacao where you will notice how the scenery changes completely from a dry arid climate to a green hilly coast where you will find nearly all of Curacao's natural white beaches with their turqouise blue waters or as locally called playas;
- Snorkeling: At one of these playas we will go snorkeling, allowing you to discover and enjoy the underwater world of Curacao.
- We do not control the weather or winds. Even though the wind nearly always blows on Curacao, there can be moments that there is no wind and therefore no fountains at Suplado or Boka Pistol.
- We recommend you wear sneakers/closed shoes or hiking shoes with a firm hold since grounds are uneven and the coral cliffs can be sharp. No flip-flops please!
- Please remember to bring your swimwear and towels along, as well as sun protection. A hat or cap is recommended.
- Snorkel experience is not required but participants should be able to swim, or otherwise can just relax on the beach.
- Please note that we do not recommend this tour for guests with joint or back problems, pregnant women, or small children. We advise a minimum age of 6 years.
- Please leave all valuables such as credit cards, passports and expensive cameras in your room as we will be leaving the open vehicle unattended when we visit the often desolate and remote sites.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- If you cancel more than 5 days before the tour: full refund!
- If your ship does not dock: full refund minus 10% for unavoidable costs already incurred.
- No refund if you cancel between 5 days and the day of the tour.
- No refund for any person not showing up on the tour.